Registration opens tomorrow, May 3, at www.edmbiz.com In the midst of extensive growth and heightened interest surrounding electronic dance music, Insomniac has gathered an inspiring roster of industry pioneers and innovative business leaders to lead vital conversations at the inaugural EDMbiz conference.
With executives from Wall Street to Madison Avenue showing interest in the genre, attendees will gain keen insight towards pressing issues and current debates as the world watches EDM take its place in pop culture history. Held at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas June 5-7, 2012, the event will lead into North America’s largest electronic dance music festival, the 16th Annual Electric Daisy Carnival.
Hosted by Jason Bentley, a consummate tastemaker, tireless champion of new music and culture, and globally respected DJ, EDMbiz will facilitate relevant conversations focused on the most pertinent topics specific to the scene. These will include best practices, social media, technology platforms, festivals, direct-to-fan relationships, licensing, branding, sponsorships, and sustaining community, humanity and credibility during a period of massive growth.
Initial panelists and speakers at the EDMbiz conference include:
- · Matt Adell, CEO, Beatport
- · Steve Angello, artist
- · Jason Bentley, host, KCRW
- · Richard Bishop, partner, Red Light Management Electronic Division
- · Eddie Dean, president, Pacha
- · Andrew Dreskin, founder and CEO, Ticketfly
- · Donnie Estopinal, CEO, Disco Donnie Presents
- · Chuck Flask, talent buyer, Paxahau
- · Marc Geiger, head of music, William Morris Endeavor
- · Alexis Giles, new business development principal, Google
- · Daniel Glass, founder and president, Glassnote Entertainment
- · Seth Goldstein, co-founder and chairman, Turntable.fm
- · Marian Goodell, co-owner and producer, Burning Man
- · Steve Goodgold, agent, Windish Agency
- · Oscar Goodman, former Mayor of Las Vegas, host committee chairman, LVCVA
- · Alexandra Greenberg, vice president, Mitch Schneider Organization
- · Craig Kallman, chairman and CEO, Atlantic Records
- · Kaskade, artist
- · Stephanie LaFera, president and COO, Atom Empire
- · Mike McGinley, COO, CitizenNet
- · Paul Morris, founder and CEO, AM Only
- · Skip Paige, senior vice president, Goldenvoice/Coachella
- · Matt Rodriguez, agent, AM Only
- · Ian Rogers, CEO, TopSpin Media
- · Raymond Roker, co-founder and publisher, URB Magazine and URB.com
- · Pasquale Rotella, CEO and founder, Insomniac
- · Michael Schneider, CEO, Mobile Roadie
- · Jason Strauss, managing partner, TAO Group
- · Joel Zimmerman, head of global electronic music, William Morris Endeavor
Additional speakers, panelists and artists will be announced closer to the conference.
Early bird registration is priced at $399 and will be available on May 3, 2012, at 10 a.m. Pacific Time at www.edmbiz.com. Attendees will enjoy a comprehensive schedule of creative and inspiring panel discussions, riveting keynote addresses, as well as networking events and evening entertainment.
The schedule of events includes:
Tuesday, June 5
- · Welcome Party at LAVO, located inside The Palazzo – all registrants receive complimentary entrance before midnight.
Wednesday, June 6
- · Conference begins at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas with opening remarks from former Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman.
- · Luncheon is included for all attendees.
- · Post-conference networking and cocktail reception at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
- · Nightclub event at LAVO, located inside The Palazzo – all registrants receive complimentary entrance before midnight.
Thursday, June 7
- · Conference resumes with panel sessions and keynote addresses.
- · Luncheon is included for all attendees.
- · Conference closing cocktail reception at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
- · All registrants receive complimentary admission to Insomniac’s “Bassrush Massive” at the Orleans Arena featuring Borgore, Knife Party, Bassnectar, Datsik, Excision, Noisia, 12th Planet, Sigma, and Fury.
- · Nightclub events – all registrants receive complimentary entrance before midnight:
- o LAVO, located inside The Palazzo – featuring Revealed Hardwell
- o TAO, located inside The Venetian – featuring ATB and Dash Berlin
- o Marquee, located inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas – featuring Benny Benassi, Cedric Gervais and Alex Gaudino
All attendees will also be able to add on a three-day pass to the 16th Annual Electric Daisy Carnival at a discounted rate at the point of registration. General admission passes will be priced at $200 (regularly $275) and a VIP pass at $400 (regularly $500). Electric Daisy Carnival will be held at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway on June 8-10, 2012. Previously purchased passes cannot be discounted for registrants.
For more information on programming, sponsorship and business development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.